Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Pieces of Paris


Pieces of Paris
G.G. Vandagriff
Shadow Mountain
2010

               G.G. Vandgriff has written several books, but this is the first on I have read... to see what she says about herself please go to http://www.ggvandagriff.com/GGVanNew/Biography.html.

                What can I possibly say about this book? What attracted me to it? Well, the cover for starters... I have a dream to one day travel to Paris, but I also really enjoy Music! So, the cover just brought me in. While reading the book I found myself not only drawn to learn more, but definitely attached to what would happen in the end! This story is mostly about a woman who suffers from PTSD, and how she overcomes her past with the help of her husband and renewing her relationship with God. For me this story helped me realize that no matter what is in your past you can always overcome it and start anew. PTSD or Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder is more than just a real thing... it can truly control one's life if they let it. See, the trials that a family is called upon to face in a world that seemed like it could be peaceful. Find out what happens as a young woman, Annalisse, learns from the past to improve her marriage. And Finally, see how her husband, Dennis, figures out not only how to help his family, but save his job. 
                 I absolutely enjoyed this book! It kept me to the end! And I definitely recommend for anyone either suffering from their past or trying to find a way to cope with a death. I know PTSD and many other disorders are real, but there is nothing that hits God's children that they cannot handle with His help! He will help us get through all things!

               

No comments:

Post a Comment